We don’t buy things just because they’re on sale at a good price. There’s a need, or a sufficient want for the cost and benefit received from an item.
We don’t clean our plates when served food merely because the food is there. We are hungry and fulfilling that need for the health and wellness of our bodies, and hopefully there’s also some pleasure in that process.
We don’t use tactics or techniques in our marketing endeavors just because they exist and are the ‘Next Big Thing.’ We have (or set) goals and implement strategies that, if appropriate, use these tactics to assist in achieving those goals.
Then again …
- The average American credit card debt is over $15,000.
- Sixty-eight percent of adults are overweight. Half of those are obese. Further, about 6.8 million Americans are morbidly obese.
So then, let’s take a minute to consider, are we really sure that we’re not just using the hot new tools because it’s simply What’s Next…
- 4 March 2014 : Review: Real-time Tracking with Keyhole
- 25 February 2014 : SXSW Poker – A Different Kind of Networking Event
- 11 February 2014 : 2014: The Year Private-Labels Become a Brand to Reckon With
- 4 February 2014 : 5 Ways for PR Pros to Relax, Slow Down and Reclaim Their Creativity
- 9 January 2014 : Sounding Off on Social Care