Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d104357061/htdocs/prbc/wp-content/plugins/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
As the post-recessionary environment continues to unfold, the role of communications shifts from its traditional function as a perception shaper to a content provider, story teller and driver of overall business performance. In a world of 24/7 media, hyperlinks and 12-hour news cycles, how are communications and marketing professionals reinventing their functions to break through the sound barrier and get their messages heard? How has the need to shape corporate reputation gone from a must-have in times of crisis to a day-to-day necessity that defines competitive advantage?
Weber Shandwick‘s VOICEBOXX™ Executive Roundtable series promotes thought leadership and spurs discussion among industry leaders on communications and marketing issues impacting businesses. Each year the panel discussion spans many key issues that communications industry professionals need to be aware of, and better yet, utilize for continued success on behalf of their clients. The VOICEBOXX™ Executive Roundtable yields fresh thinking and new ideas while also cementing existing trends that are top of mind for executives, aspiring PR pros and established industry leaders alike.
This year’s timely panel discussion brings together leading experts from the worlds of communications, media and social media to discuss the challenges of marketing and communicating brands and upholding corporate reputations in a hurried, digitized world.
The overarching topic of the 3rd Annual VOICEBOXX™ Executive Roundtable is “Breaking Through the Sound Barrier: How to Get Heard in a Death-by-Information-Overloaded World Leveraging Communications as an Innovation and Business Performance Driver.”
Topics to be discussed by this year’s panel include:
- How to get your brand or company heard in an “always on, never off” world.
- As PR and marketing increasingly integrate social media such as blogs, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook into brand and corporate campaigns, will they become the new content masters? How is the content “studio” becoming a reality inside leading companies today?
- Based on recent events, there is a rising need to shift the role of communications to a must-have in times of crisis. How is the art of “crowdsourcing” moving beyond just product development to ethics and the role companies can/should play as global corporate citizens?
- What is the right mix of marketing and PR/ communications tactics to break through all the content?
- How can brands and companies engage stakeholders who haven’t listened in the past?
- Are companies just talking to themselves? How can brands join in the conversation without always interrupting?
This year’s esteemed panel will be moderated by Jeff Chu of Fast Company, and will include:
- Peter Land, Senior Vice President of Communications, PepsiCo
- David Steel, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Communications, Samsung North America
- Steve Jost, Associate Director for Communications, Census Bureau
- Stephanie Anderson, Head of Public Relations and Chief Corporate Spokesperson, OSRAM SYLVANIA
- Jack Leslie, Chairman, Weber Shandwick
WHEN: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
WHERE: Samsung Experience, Time Warner Building, Third Floor, New York
RSVP: email@example.com by October 1, 2010
If you cannot attend the event itself, you will be able to follow the discussion live on Twitter, using the #Voiceboxx hashtag
The main theme for last year’s event was “The Reinvention Economy: Re-casting Communications as a Critical Corporate Innovator.” The panel addressed key issues impacting marketing and communications strategies in today’s business landscape. Highlights from the event included discussion surrounding how communications is moving from the end of the supply chain to the initial process of reinvention; the emerging new media paradigm of online and offline communications, and the impact of social media on transparency and overall communications strategies. Highlights of last year (including a video) can be found here.
Jennifer Risi is an Executive Vice President of The Global Strategic Media Group at Weber Shandwick Worldwide and is the creator of VOICEBOXX™.