Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d104357061/htdocs/prbc/wp-content/plugins/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to write this post, but what actually inspired it was a comment by the fantastic Jason Mollica over on the book of face. Without going into any further detail, here’s 5 comms lessons from Dave & Co. NB: These could also be general professional and life lessons:
1) Share your beer (and other things): If you’ve got it to spare, whether it’s influence, time, expertise, or anything else don’t be selfish with it (and even if you don’t have it to share sometimes – go ahead and do it).
2) Stand up for what you believe in: Wikipedia edits, tasteless newsbait pitches, etc. We’ll all need to go ethics v. business at some point.
3) Be ready for the unexpected & work right through it: We all have things that pop up from time to time. Some of them are show stoppers, some not. Figure out which is which (for you).
4) Try new things: Going to be a press release writing specialist forever, with no though to social engagement? Or the reverse – going to specialize in social without a thought to paid, video, or how it works with traditional? Analytics – nah, you hate math? Think again.
5) Admit when you make a mistake: Did #TweetYourVomit not work out so well for the air sickness bag manufacturer? Oh well, did you learn something? That’s good enough – admit it, learn from it, and move on.