Before we get to this week’s weekly wrap-up of posts – we’ll start with a request for Humane Society volunteers for an event in NYC next week. Details below:
Wanted: Volunteer Tweeter/Photographer for World’s Most Expensive Pet Wedding
What: Animal Fair Magazine is hosting a benefit for the Humane Society of New York on Thursday, July 12th. This dog “puptial” will be breaking the Guinness Book for the most expensive dog wedding ever. More details of the event are provided in the links below.
We are looking for someone to actively live tweet on behalf of the Humane Society of New York and also take photos during the event. Social Media experience is a MUST. Photography experience not needed. You will need to provide your own (fully charged & application installed) device to update (cell phone, iPad, etc.) but a point and shoot camera will be provided. Must like dogs!
When & Where: Thursday July 12th, 6:30PM – 9PM, Jumeirah Essex House, 160 Central Park South
Contact: Rebecca Meyers, Becca.firstname.lastname@example.org
And now…onto our regularly scheduled content:
The top 5 posts you may have missed…
- Apple Said To Plan Smaller IPad To Vie With Google Nexus – Talk about taking the sails out of Google’s announcement. Anyone who’s spent any amount of time on an iPhone and already invested any significant amount into apps purchases (and who already know the interface) will definitely think twice if an iPad mini is on the horizon.
- The Fallacy of Being Busy – Title speaks for itself.
- This Twitter account retweets misguided souls who share photos of their bank cards – Darwin award…goes right along with those who announce when their homes are empty for extended periods of time
- The Power of Content Strategy – Great stuff from the C&C Group and Joe P.
- Bizarre job titles that are perfect for PR – Perhaps too perfect?