In our semi-continuing series of automatic direct message fails, we’ve compiled enough new ones for a new post. And so without further fanfare, some of my favorites (telling details and usernames removed, of course…)
- Thanks for the follow! Let me show you a free app that will save you money [link] – Wow, thanks for the tip, glad you trust me so much. I think I’ll pass this time.
- Hi! I compiled a list of common student excuses. Take a look – suggest any I missed! My dog chewed my hard drive! [link] – Hi! No thanks! Engage first please.
- Hi! Thanks for following. Check out my followers – Umm, why?
- Hi..Thanks for adding me:) Are you on LinkedIn? You can connect with me here: [link] …Thanks, [Name] – Moving kinda fast there, no? Will you write me a recommendation? If you will then maybe…
- Thank you for following [Company Name]. We are thrilled to do PR right the first time. – I’m thrilled you’re so excited. This one might be more effective if I didn’t received it twice. Separated by 12 hours.
- Thanks for following my tweets! I hope you enjoy them. You could also check out and even comment on my blog: [Link] – Can I really??? Golly!
Some relatively interesting stats pulled from my follower and following count. Thanks to the folks at friendorfollow.com for making this easy. Of my followers/followings:
- 46 self-describe as gurus
- 6 as ninjas, and
- 1 as a social media or SM expert
[reus id=”6″][recent posts]